Sunday, September 7, 2008

I'm in

So football season is here. I can finally start watching ESPN again... it was a torcherous couple months as it usually is mid-summer when the only thing on is baseball and nascar (blahh!). As most people know, usc football to the baker family is valued almost as much as life itself. Our obsession with the trojans has been taken to a whole new level. I remember my Dad testing my knowledge of the players on our way to school as little boy. My Dad says "ronnie" i say "lott" he says "marcus" and i say "allen." Brainwashed? I'd say so. and As if season tickets and a wardrobe that consisted of only cardinal and gold wasnt enough for my uncle Brett, there is now a usc interlock engraved in the bottom of his pool. My Dad and uncle Matt recently went out and bought red and yellow corvettes together and of course threw on the "uscnut" license plate. My Dad now has a tivo for every nook and cranny of the house so he can have enough room to record all the usc highlights and sports reports...because having a subscription to every college football magazine wasnt enough either. Nevertheless, i am more than thrilled to see our boys back in action this season with high hopes for another national championship, which is more than likely. I was born under the covenant and couldnt ask for it any other way...so with that being said...I'm in.

1 comment:

kirk n stacy said...

Dad loved this...of course. He copied and pasted it to send an email saying, "Thats our boy!"