Thursday, March 5, 2009

Still Life

So i took up a painting class this semester to keep me somewhat sane with the 3 science and biology classes im also trying to endure. I havent really painted since i think i was in kindergarden or so.. with watercolors. To be quiet honest i wasnt even really looking to take a painting class but having registered just a couple days before the semester actually started, it was one of the few 3 credit classes still open...so i said why not? This is my second painting so far. It is a still life of some pots, vases, flowers, etc that our teacher set up in class. Definitley wouldnt be my first painting of choice... but i gave it my best shot anyways. If any of you artsy fartsys out there got any advice let me know! I will be more than humbled for some good constructive criticism :)

my painting..


and this is the setup..

3 comments:

kirk n stacy said...

Well, I know I am your Mama, BUT...for no experience in the ARTSY FARTSY World, I think it is amazing. I love that you took that class son. Remember how I told you how "well rounded" you are becoming? Well, YOU ARE...That's a good thing!

The Doroughs said...

pretty...how much?

kirk n stacy said...

I was just being all proud of you and showed Dad your blog. He said he would buy it if it was a "NAKED WOMAN"...Ha! (Dont get ANY ideas though, or will kick your butt!)xoxo