Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lately...

So i haven't really updated in a while. Its been a fun filled, busy summer so far. I've been hard at work and hard at play. I have been working construction,which i actually have come to really enjoy. I have been learning lots of useful things that i know will be a benefit for years to come. The pay is good, hours are flexible and being on your feet all day makes time fly. Much more so than other jobs that i have had. But the work is TOUGH, it sure makes me grateful for my education because i certainly dont think im cut out to do that the rest of my life. We also had a big family reunion just the other week for my grandparents 50th anniversary. It was fun having every down here and seeing cousins i havent even met before. Being one of the oldest cousins really makes me feel out of the loop! Their is nothing better than being with all of your family and their is never a dull moment in the Baker family! It was a very fun/chaotic/spiritual weekend and a big thanks goes to everyone who worked so hard on it! We had the privelage of honoring my Grandpa Greg who died at a young age of 45 and it was a very special weekend for our family. We were really able to feel his presence and had a wonderful time reminiscing and telling stories about my Grandfather who i was never able to meet. Though i was never able to meet him i know he is an amazing man and was and still is a true a legend among those who had the privelage of knowing him.

Onto a lighter note.. just yesterday we went to disneyland to celebrate my girlfriend (stephanie) grandmas bday and her sisters graduations. I swear if i could live anywhere in the world it would be on main street at disneyland. It really is the happiest place on earth...we just cant get enough. I also think i gained 20 lbs from the 15,000 calories i had yesterday. Bowl of lucky charms in the morning before i left, a robeks smoothie on the way, a corndog, bag of chips, churro, pretzel and cheese, bean and cheese burrito, hot fudge sundae, ice cream sandwich, kettle corn, cotton candy, and 5 diet cokes...thanks alot disneyland for ruining my summer body.

me and the pops
Pre Lakers game

Lakers take out the Rockets!
Andy Gump right in front of our casa. Yum.
Summer buzzes. I highly recommend them.
who said white men cant jump?
Me and the Regginator
Chips and Hummus..yum. Thanks Ma
Just putting my new waterproof cam to work! Dont mind my finger in the way
Baker Boys
Ruths Chris...simply AMAZING.
Doin work. I sanded this ceiling for 2 hours straight and was pulling out chunks of dry wall from my nose, and literally was spitting out dry wall chunks for the next hour that were up in my nose. Even with the mask on!




Disneyland!


love me some Kettle corn
Ben creepin....
Ben and Alex


4 comments:

Benjaman and Alexandria Brown said...

Sounds like a fun summer! THose are bad pictures of me, but I always say that so maybe those are just the pics I take! HAHA! THanks for hanging out! We love having you around!

Kirk N Stacy said...

I want to go to Disneyland! Love the WORK HARD/ PLAY HARD.

The Doroughs said...

Hey josh- Looks like your summer is off to a fun start. Don't be a stranger when you come down to the OC. We want to play too.

Josh Baker said...

whenever your ready for me ill come make a visit!! hows the baby? you guys having a good summer?